shapes into 9th layer why is hidden?

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
artiny

shapes into 9th layer why is hidden?

Post by artiny »

Hy,
In the bublerob tutorial are this:
"dynamics engine to simulate the shapes that we put to layer 9" (also in the http://www.coppeliarobotics.com/helpFil ... ations.htm)

>> I wonder why is needed to hide pure shapes ? - only that reason ,because this method provide more stability ?
Thank You

antoronson

Re: shapes into 9th layer why is hidden?

Post by antoronson »

What i feel is, this is done just for visualizing. The calculations are made for the hidden pure shape, which is just hidden for your eyes in that particular layer, but not to Physics Engine, whereas the shape what you see is actually a dummy shape for visualizing and not used in any calculations. I hope I am correct. If not Please correct me.

artiny

Post by artiny »

antoronson wrote:What i feel is, this is done just for visualizing. The calculations are made for the hidden pure shape, which is just hidden for your eyes in that particular layer, but not to Physics Engine, whereas the shape what you see is actually a dummy shape for visualizing and not used in any calculations. I hope I am correct. If not Please correct me.
I have one idea, that is ....when we want to quickly switch to see the dynamic content of the simulation,then we can show with "Dynamic content visualization button" - and see( "debugging") the dynamic of the simulation ?!? So when we hide some shapes,that means that that part we want to see with this button.

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

by default, the first 8 layers are activated, and the last 8 layers are not activated. So if an object is in a non-activated layer, it will be invisible.
Typically, a simulation scene will contain visible and invisible elements (invisible elements can be simplified versions of visible elements, so that calculations can be done faster or in a more stable manner, for example).

Cheers