Z1 arm simulation

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
nikkthyratria

Z1 arm simulation

Post by nikkthyratria »

Hello

am new to this software and I want to know if there is a way to simulate the unitrees z1 robotic arm in coppeliasim. is there any tutorial or is the z1 available in the software or do I need it or create it?

Thanks

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Z1 arm simulation

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

you can build or import the robot model if you can find an appropriate URDF model or CAD data. If you provide us with a link to the said URDF model or CAD data we might add it to the robot library (but we only found extremely simplified versions of the robot (e.g. using only cylinders)).

Cheers

nikkthyratria

Post by nikkthyratria »

Hello,

thanks for getting back to me. i found this file which i think is the urdf file you mentioned.
https://github.com/unitreerobotics/z1_r ... ig/z1.urdf

Also i found the cad data form a 3rd party.
https://grabcad.com/library/unitree-z1-robotic-arm-1

Thanks again for your help.

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

The first file is the extremely simplified version we were talking about. If you want the model created, please provide us the the mesh data, we do not want to have to register other websites to download content.

Cheers

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

btw, we finally had a look at the cad files you provided: they do not correspond to the official Z1 arm from the manufacturer website. Please get in touch with the manufacturer to see if you can get an up-to-date model of the Z1 arm.

Cheers

nikkthyratria

Post by nikkthyratria »

okay will do thank you.